Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What do you do when you are struggling?

In my last post, I shared about my IVF sonogram.  Since yesterday, I've been struggling with discouragement, even though I know I need to be hopeful and filled with trust and peace.  This morning, I just started crying.  Why?  I'm not really sure other than I'm trying to fight off negative thinking - all the what ifs that I have no control over.  So, what did I do?  After having a quiet time, I emailed my three most trusted friends and asked them to pray for me.  It's such a blessing to have friends in your life who you know will lift you up in prayer when you need it and will be faithful to walk alongside you no matter where you are.  Sometimes our friends have to remind us of Truth and stand in the gap for us when we are at our weakest.  I asked them to pray that I would trust God and be filled with hope, in spite of how I FEEL. 

One of my friends emailed me back right away and said she had already been praying for me this morning and that I "was on God's mind".  What a good reminder that God cares for us and He knows exactly where we are and how we are struggling.  She gave me a song to listen to for encouragement and reminded me that God can make big things out of something little.  That is the God we serve. 

After emailing my friends, I got on the computer and watched some YouTube videos of some of my favorite worship songs.  God's peace filled me.  As I was listening to songs, I was also looking at some blogs.  One blog I read said to be "a seeker of blessings".  I love that.  Be looking for the good, be looking for blessings around us. 

What do you do when you are struggling?

No comments:

Post a Comment