Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Run

There is an annual running event that always occurs the Saturday before Easter. There is a 10k run, 2 mile run, and 2 mile walk. It's a fundraising event for a local ministry.  My cousin worked for this ministry for many years before he died of a brain tumor 4 years ago, leaving behind a wife and three young children.  Right before he died, he was able to participate in the 2 mile walk with his family.  He was in a wheelchair at the time, so his wife and children wheeled him through the park for the 2 mile walk.  After his death, the ministry renamed the 2 mile walk in honor of my cousin.    

Every year since my cousin's death, his wife has spear-headed a team to walk together in honor of my cousin.  My husband and I were planning to participate this year, but then we had to take all our money, savings and basic living expenses, to pay the IVF deposit.  I emailed my cousin's wife to tell her we couldn't be a part of the team this year because of our financial situation, but we would still come to the event to support it. 

Today, my cousin's wife called to tell us that a friend of Jeff's from Arizona called her and donated $75 for the event, but obviously he wouldn't be here to participate.  She offered to pay the registration fee for my husband, myself, and our daughter so we could participate.  Thank you, God, for blessing us with the ability to participate in this event even though we didn't have the money.  I know this is a direct blessing from you, and I am continually in awe of how you care for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment