Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thankful for Family

I'm not usually a Debbie Downer, but for the past week or so I've been struggling with fatigue and depression.  I'm a pretty even-keeled person emotionally and have never really struggled with depression, so this past week has been really hard.  It took energy just to get through the day.  I'm so thankful to Adam, who graciously gave me time to take naps and rest while he took care of Emerson.  He was patient and loving with me, which I know my emotional state changed up his world too.  I should tell you that I'm on an initial medication for our upcoming IVF procedure, so I'm sure how I"m feeling is related to the medication I am taking.  Not much I can do about that. 

I feel like today I am coming out of the cloudiness a little bit.  It's starting to clear up.  It's made me more empathetic to those who have ongoing struggles with depression.  You can't just snap out of it, like a lot of people think.

Thank you God for my health and well being.  Thank you for giving me renewed strength today.  Thank you for Adam's love and concern.  Thank you for your faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment