Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trust - what I'm learning

Oh what a day today has been.  It was a bit stressful because of some fertility medication that was supposed to be delivered by 8am today that I needed to take by 9am.  It was supposed to be delivered by FedEx, and with fertility medications, you HAVE to take them at a designated time.  So, when I found out that FedEx was delayed in delivering my medications (because of the storms in the south), I panicked.  I knew in my mind to try to stay calm, to pray, to trust things would work out, but that all went out the window in the moment.  I'll spare you the details, but it worked out and I eventually got the meds I needed. 

I'm learning a lot about what it means to trust God.  Webster's dictionary defines trust as "assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something" and "one in which confidence is placed".  So trusting God is having assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, and truth of God.  Trusting God has more to do with trusting WHO GOD IS rather than trusting in what God can do or a specific outcome.  I trust who God is, in His character, in His goodness, in His sovereignty, in His power.  I trust in Him no matter what, in spite of circumstances or outcomes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment