Thursday, April 14, 2011

Friends...one of God's greatest gifts

I'm thankful to have some amazing friends. Life certainly would be lonely without them.  Tammy is one of my longest friends.  We've known each other since we were 4 - going to church and school together most of our lives.  Even after high school, we both attended the same college. We were both in each other's weddings.  We were both pregnant at the same time:  Tammy with her second child, and me with my first.  Tammy is truly a "heart" friend - faithful and committed to me, spurring me on in my walk with Jesus.  We've been with each other through life's ups and downs - and there have been many.  We've seen each other at our worst, yet still love each other without conditions.  Tammy has the strength and courage to ask me the hard questions, call me out when I'm being selfish or critical.  She's also my biggest supporter, encouraging me to never give up hope and faith in my heart's desires.  She's believed in a baby for me when I struggled to hold on to hope.  She's continued to believe in another baby for me, even through my periods of apathy (FEAR).   Thank you God for friendship and community.  Thank you God for Tammy - may I be a blessing in her life as she is in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment