Monday, May 2, 2011

Filled with Hope

This morning was the egg retrieval process, and it went really well.  We originally thought we had 5 follicles growing, then we found out on Saturday we had 6 potentially mature follicles.  Today, after the procedure, the doctor told us he had retrieved 7 follicles.  yay!  I know 1 or 2 extra follicles don't seem like a big deal, but for me it is a really big deal.  It gives us 2 more chances of developing healthy embryos.  I will call the doctor tomorrow to see how many of my eggs were fertilized.  It's still a process that feels so much out of my control, but we are trusting in God.  We are looking to Him to keep proper perspective, to remember His perfect character. 

I'm thankful for friends who have been supportive and have covered me in prayer.  I have felt peace in the midst of much uncertainty.  This process can be very overwhelming and stressful - we have had our fair share of stress.  But, Adam and I have really come together and supported each other well through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment