Friday, May 6, 2011

The Battle of the Mind

It's only been one day since our embryo transfer.  We had three embryos transferred yesterday.  I've been feeling tired and having cramps today.  Since the IVF nurse advised me against running or high impact activity until after our pregnancy test, I've been doing other lower impact exercises.  Today, I did the elliptical for 35 minutes and then did a weights class.  As the day progressed and my cramping/dull pain continued, I began to let my mind wander...did I do too much today, exercise-wise?  Is my body rejecting the embryos?  I got on the Internet and started reading different sites about whether cramping after embryo transfer is normal.  I'm continually amazed at how much our mind can stray so quickly and easily.  I had to constantly challenge my thoughts today - not to think negatively, not to dwell on what ifs, stay focused on the present. 

I continue to believe and pray for the best, that these little embryos inside of me will continue to grow and develop.  I will continue to fight the battle of the mind - not letting my thoughts become negative or full of anxiety.  I will turn my concerns to Jesus and focus on living in the present - focusing on things that are true, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praise-worthy.

How do you fight negative thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment