Thursday, May 5, 2011

Now the waiting begins

The embryo transfer went well this morning.  Three embryos were implanted, all of which "looked good", according to our doctor.  So, I have three little embryos in my uterus right now, just needing to grow and develop.  Could we have triplets?  Of course, there's a chance.  But, somehow I doubt it.  We are praying for God's will - we want one baby but would take whatever God gives us.  We will still do daily progesterone injections until we know whether or not I'm pregnant.  I will take a pregnancy test on May 16th, so just over a week of waiting. 

No matter what the outcome, I feel like God has stretched me and refined me in many ways.  I feel like my heart has opened up in ways that have been shut off for a long time.  I tend to put walls up around me to protect myself from hurt, but this process has taken my walls down.  I feel free to hope and be optimistic, knowing God could still decide not to allow us to get pregnant.  That's okay.  I would rather be open and hopeful than closed and pessimistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment