Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good Morning World

Where are you emotionally this morning? Discouraged, distracted, tired, worried, sad, overwhelmed? We all have so many things going on in our world - we try to do the best we can but often just feel "less than" in a lot of different ways. Today, I am challenged to be joyful! We are called to be filled with joy as believers, but I'm not sure that people I pass in the streets would see joy in me. How is joy possible when we have so many other distracting emotions. It's possible when we turn our focus on Jesus - sitting at his feet and recognizing the many blessings we have. When we focus our hearts on him, the other distracting emotions change....we start to feel lighter,calmer,more hopeful,more grateful,more joyful. See, when we enter the presence of Jesus, we are changed! So, this morning I have started my day focusing on Jesus - remembering my life is for His glory and allowing my heart to focus on the important things of life. This makes me joyful, and I want to share my joy with others today. How will I do this? Today, I want to become more intentional in my interactions with others - smile and engage those around me, care about those in need. It's the simple things that can make profound differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment