Saturday, March 26, 2011

Community

Just got home from dinner with friends. There were three families total - the kids playing downstairs while the adults sat around the dinner table talking and laughing and talking and laughing. Our conversations covered so many topics from family finances, "crazy love", the recent Revelation study at our church, heaven, tattoos, movies - all in the course of three hours.
I love community! I love fellowship! I love having people around who are like-minded. God created us for community and fellowship, and it fills my soul when we get it right.

While we were talking about finances, God just impressed upon my heart the need to uplift my husband, using my words wisely to encourage and praise him rather than make jokes about his growth areas. I found myself wondering what the other couples thought of how my husband and I talk about each other. Do they think we are critical of each other? Do they see love in our hearts and words for each other? I want my husband to feel loved and valued by me, even when we are having conflict or disagreements. I want others to see the love and respect I have for my husband. Thankfully,we have good friends who love us and give us grace. And thankfully, we serve a gracious and loving God always there to grow us even closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment